Pages

3/20/11

Chicken Pot Pie



2 nine inch pie crusts
1 can of cream of chicken
1 rotisserie chicken (I use just the white meat for this and save the dark for something else in the week)
splash of milk
1 small can of peas and carrots drained
Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.  I never measure...I put a little in and taste it...if it needs more add it.

1 beaten egg to "paint" the top pie crust with

Bake the bottom crust according to your recipe
Mix everything together and dump in baked pie shell
Place the top pie crust on top cut slits in it bush it with egg.  This makes it all shiny on top
Bake at 350 for about an hour. I cover mine with tin foil for the first 20 minutes or so.
Let cool for about 10 minutes and dig in.


I sometimes add potatoes to mine or cooked rice...and whatever veggies I have leftover in my fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment